Microwave Apple and Cinnamon Cake Recipe
- 250ml flour.
- 10ml baking powder.
- pinch of salt.
- 125ml sugar.
- 2 extra-large eggs.
- 50ml oil.
- 5ml vanilla essence.
- 125ml boiling water.
- 2 green apples, peeled, cored and sliced.
- 25ml cinnamon sugar, (1 part cinnamon to 2 parts sugar).
- Apricot jam.
- Spray a 1,2 liter microwave angel cake tin with non-stick spray.
- Line the base with paper toweling and spray with non-stick spray once more.
- In a bowl sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add the sugar and mix.
- In a jug beat the eggs, oil, vanilla essence and boiling water together.
- Add to the flour mixture and mix.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared cake tin.
- Arrange the apple slices on top.
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
- Place the cake tin on an inverted saucer in the microwave.
- Microwave for 6 minutes on 100% power or until the cake shrinks from the sides of the tin.
- Remove from the microwave and leave for about 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- Spread the cake with a little apricot jam.