Nutty Brownies Recipe
- 250g Margarine.
- 3 slabs dark chocolate, chopped.
- 6 eggs (at room temperature).
- 2 cups brown sugar.
- ½ cup castor sugar.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence.
- 2 cups cake flour.
- 1 cup peacan or macadamia nuts, chopped.
- 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease an oven pan (about 26 x 33cm), line with baking paper and grease again.
- In a saucepan on the stove, over a low heat melt the margarine and chocolate.
- Stir constantly until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- In a bowl beat together the eggs, brown sugar, castor sugar and vanilla essence for at least 10 minutes until thick.
- Add the chocolate mixture a little at a time while beating.
- Sift the flour over and fold into the mixture.
- Fold the nuts and chocolate chips into the mixture.
- Pour into the prepared oven pan and bake for 30 – 40 minutes until cooked on top but still moist in the middle.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool.
- Cut into squares.